Loading JustWatch data…
Vinland saga Season 2 Episode 4 was one of the best of the season and fans saw new sides Thorfinn (Yuto Uemura) and Einar (Shunsuke Takeuchi). After showing his impressive warrior instincts, Thorfinn was confused and penitent. However, when he found out about his troubled past, he only seemed to anger Einar. It was interesting to see these characters in a new light while also getting a glimpse of the action. Whether this episode will affect Thorfinn and Einar’s relationship remains to be seen, but hopefully the fallout won’t be too negative.
- Snake chides the guards for “bullying the slaves” while Thorfinn’s injuries are bandaged. He apologizes to Thorfinn for his men’s behavior before suddenly pouncing on him.
- Snake attacks Thorfinn. Thorfinn dodges and shocks everyone when he manages to hold his ground.
- Snake tells Thorfinn that his body is telling him he wants to live by avoiding his attack. Thorfinn cannot imagine what he might want to live for.
- Father patches up Thorfinn while Einar complains about how unfair the situation is. Thorfinn says there is nothing they can do as “the strong kill the weak. That annoys Einar.
- Pater calms Einar down by apologizing and revealing that Arnheid informed him of what happened.
- Thorfinn and Einar return to work.
- Einar thinks back to the fight and Thorfinn’s earlier statement that the strong kill the weak. He becomes curious about Thorfinn’s past.
- Einar asks Thorfinn if he has ever been to war. Thorfinn is initially irritated, but then reveals that he doesn’t remember how many people he killed, as he was raised to be a warrior since childhood.
- Thorfinn asks Einar if he’s disgusted to know that, but we don’t see his answer.
- That night, Einar lies awake, and the more he thinks back to what Throfinn said earlier, the angrier he becomes, until he reaches out his hand to strangle Thorfinn in his sleep.
- When Einar retreats, Thorfinn finds himself in a wartime nightmare. Eventually Einar wakes him up, which confuses Thorfinn.
- Einar grabs Thorfinn and wonders why he would want to die so badly when it could be a lot worse for her.
- When Einar turns to get away from Thorfinn, Thorfinn thanks him for always waking him up from his nightmares.
- The episode ends with an elderly Canute riding through a graveyard.
Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 5 release date and time
Episode 5 is scheduled to release on Monday, February 6th, 2023 on both Netflix and Crunchyroll. The release time is 11:30am ET. Episode 5 is titled “Path of Blood” and will run for approximately 23 minutes.
where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Vinland saga Season 2 Episode 5 with a Subscription to Netflix or Crunchyroll on the above date.
I was right in assuming that Snake would test Thorfinn’s skills last week, but I never thought he would do it that way. What he does with the knowledge of Thorfinn’s abilities will be interesting. However, nothing could be stranger than Canute’s return, leaving viewers wondering what he’s been up to since we last saw him.
- The last time we saw Canute, Thorfinn attacked him. I have a feeling Canute is the reason Thorfinn is currently in slavery and that will be confirmed in the next episode.
- If we see Canute I think Thorkill isn’t far behind him. While we don’t yet know what Canute is up to, I wouldn’t be surprised if Thorkill travels with him as well.