The #14 University of Utah football team will defend their title on Friday, December 2 when they face the #6 USC Trojans for the 2022 Pac-12 championship game in Las Vegas, Nevada. The game kicks off at Allegiant Stadium at 6:00 p.m. MT on FOX.
Fans can get behind-the-scenes and live updates on social media throughout all games this season by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics) and www.UtahUtes. com visit. Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football.
Utah’s appearance in this week’s Pac-12 championship game will be its second straight and fourth in the last five seasons. Utah won the 2021 Pac-12 championship game against Oregon, beating the Ducks 38-10.
• With a win, the Utes would have won their second straight Pac-12 title.
• Utah won its ninth game of the year in Colorado on November 26, giving the Utes 11 9-plus seasons Kyle Whittingham Epoch.
• Extending plays is Utah’s specialty this season, ranking 8th in FBS for third down conversions (.503).
• Utah ranks fifth in both sacks allowed and tackles allowed for loss per game in the country.
• The Utes average 39.4 points per game, ranking 10th nationally.
• At the start of the Pac-12 championship game, Utah leads the Pac-12 in Third Down and Fourth Down Defense, First Downs Defense, Passing Defense, Rushing Defense, Scoring Defense, Total Defense and Time of Possession.
• Utah is the only team in the Pac-12 to rank in the top 20 nationally on both offense and defense, finishing 10th and 19th respectively.
• In the last three games, Utah has averaged 67.3 yards per scoring drive, compared to an average of 51.4 yards in the previous nine games.
• Utah is averaging 26.4 first downs per game while keeping their opponents at 15.5 and ranks fourth in first-down offense and 11th in first-down defense on the FBS.
• Utah has been 24-15 in games since the CFP’s inception in 2014 in the CFP Poll.
• Utah is eligible for the 14th time in the Whittingham Bowl era.
• Utah has won nine straight seasons, including 2022, going back to 2014. The Utes ended 16 of Whittingham’s 18 years as head coach on a successful season.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium 76 straight games since the 2010 season opener. Utah set a new attendance record in 2022 with 52,057 attendees per game.