Use these tips to get the Minimalist trophy/achievement in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
In the Resident Evil 4 make newthe Minimalist, is an endgame trophy or achievement granted to players who Beat the campaign using only handguns and knives. It’s a silver trophy on PlayStation and a 30 gamescore achievement on Xbox.
But beginners RE4 Players may need help to complete this achievement. It limits them to just two weapon types – pistols and knives – which are equally unsuitable in boss fights. In this case, use the following tips Get the Minimalist trophy or achievement with the least effort.
Tips for getting the Minimalist achievement
Since the goal is to avoid anything but pistols and knives, players are better off not carrying other weapons. However, they are also encouraged to opt for the Minimalist achievement in a supported New Game+. (Read on for more tips.)
1. Get the minimalist in an Assisted NG+
2. Store a pistol and a knife and store everything else
- Using any weapon other than pistols and knives will end the minimalist run, so players should save all other weapons ahead of time. Having only handguns and blades in your case reasonably leaves no room for error.
Skip all collectible weapons like the LE 5 when aiming for the Minimalist.
3. Unlock infinite pistol ammo
- Certain weapons like Chicago Sweeper gain unlimited ammo when maxed out. But for the minimalistic trophy/achievement, players need infinite pistol ammo. For this, they must complete the Leon “S+” Kennedy challenge – finish the campaign with an S+ rank. The challenge unlocks the Cat Ears attire, a wearable accessory that grants infinite magazines to all pistols. Needless to say, this attachment would make achieving the Minimalist achievement easier since it would eliminate ammo.
4. Carry a maxed out Primal Knife
- Achieving the Minimalist Achievement requires a solid knife, and Primal is just that. A maxed out model of this blade is unbreakable and allows unlimited melee kills – which comes in handy when the player can only rely on pistols and knives.
Combine the Primal Knife with the Deer Antlers Apparel if possible. The accessory sharpens the blade and increases its power beyond all other knives.
5. Exploit Case Charms that increase pistol ammo drop
- The charms are tiny accessories for the briefcase with various advantages. Players who want the Minimalist achievement should get the ones that increase ammo drop and handgun crafting. Pistol Ammo, Leon with Pistol, Don Jose, and Soldier with Hammer are excellent choices.
The Resident Evil 4 Remake is now available for PC, PS4, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: Resident Evil 4: The Wave Goodbye, right hand trophy/achievement