If you want to get off to one Notre-Dame football game on Markus FreimanHis first season as head coach will cost them. On Friday, Stubhub released a 2022 college football preview that showed the Irish ranked #6 on a list of the most sought-after college football programs that year.
Given Notre Dame’s brand awareness, recent success on the gridiron – the Irish have notched up five straight seasons of 10 wins for the first time in program history – and having multiple marquee games on the board, a sixth place finish is not too surprising. Notre Dame was No. 5 in 2021. Alabama topped the list last year, but Ohio State is at the top this season.
Obviously, Notre Dame is not in a conference in football. But StubHub also released breakdowns by conference, and the SEC tops the charts. The Big Ten follow behind, then the Big 12, ACC and Pac-12 bring up the rear in that order. Overall, demand for this fall’s games on StubHub exceeds pre-season ticket sales by more than 10 percent.
SPECIAL OFFER: Join Blue & Gold for just $1 for your first year
StubHub’s Most In-Demand College Football Teams of 2022
- Ohio state horse chestnuts
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Texas longhorns
- Georgia Bulldogs
- Texas A&M Aggies
- Notre Dame fights the Irish
- Michigan Wolverines
- Penn State Nittany Lions
- Chestnut Tigers
- LSU Tiger
What about game specific demand?
When it comes to games played each Saturday, Notre Dame’s two contests against likely top-five preseason opponents are the most coveted: Ohio State’s Irish opener ranks No. 2 in the nation in terms of demand while the game on Nov. 5 Clemson is No. 7.
According to the ticket company’s website, the ticket price for the August 14 clash between the Irish and the Buckeyes is just over $400. The game will be the primetime ABC show on Labor Day Weekend, and ESPN’s College GameDay will be on-site Saturday morning.
The cheapest Clemson-Notre Dame tickets are around $250 per StubHub. Timing and a more national matchup are the likely contributing factors driving costs down. But if both teams are highly placed at the end of October, it won’t be a cheap ticket.
StubHub’s Most Popular College Football Games of 2022
- Alabama Crimson Tide at Texas Longhorns (September 10)
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish at the Ohio State Buckeyes (September 3)
- Texas A&M Aggies at Alabama Crimson Tide (8 Oct)
- Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game: Oregon Ducks vs. Georgia Bulldogs (September 3)
- Michigan Wolverines at Ohio State Buckeyes (Nov. 26)
- Auburn Tigers at Alabama Crimson Tide (Nov. 26)
- Clemson Tigers at Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Nov. 5)
- West Virginia Mountaineers vs Pittsburgh Panthers (September 1)
- Oklahoma Sooners at the Nebraska Cornhuskers (September 17)
- Allstate Louisiana Kickoff: Florida State Seminoles vs. LSU Tigers (September 4)