South Carolina @ Florida
Current records: South Carolina 8-11; Florida 11-8
What you should know
The Florida Gators are returning home after two games. Florida and the South Carolina Gamecocks will face off in an SEC bout Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. ET at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center. The Gators will stumble in from a win while USC will stumble in from a loss.
Florida defeated the Mississippi State Bulldogs in a thrilling duel last Saturday to slip into the lead 61-59. Forward Colin Castleton (13 points) and guard Will Richard (12 points) were the top scorers for Florida.
Meanwhile, USC ended up a good chunk behind the Auburn Tigers when they played last Saturday and lost 81-66. Forward Gregory Jackson did his best for the Gamecocks, finishing with 30 points (a whopping 45% of their total) along with eight boards.
The Gators are the favorites in this game, with an expected 17-point lead to the win. They are currently four against four against the spread in their recent games, a trend for bettors to be aware of.
Florida’s win put them at 11-8, while the USC loss pulled them back to an 8-11. A few stats to keep an eye on: Florida keeps their opponents at a 39.90% field goal percentage, which ranks them 33rd in college basketball. Less enviably, USC has only put down 39.60% of their shots, which is the 352nd-lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against the Gamecocks.
how to see
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where from: Stephen C. O’Connell Center – Gainesville, Florida
- TV: ESPN2
- Consequences: CBS Sports App
- Ticket cost: $5.00
The Gators are a huge favorite against the Gamecocks by 17 points, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The odds makers were squarely in line with the betting community in this instance as the game opened with a 17 point spread and stayed right there.
View college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get tips now.
South Carolina has won six of their last ten games against Florida.
- January 15, 2022 – Florida 71 vs. South Carolina 63
- February 03, 2021 – South Carolina 72 vs. Florida 66
- January 07, 2020 – Florida 81 vs. South Carolina 68
- January 05, 2019 – South Carolina 71 vs. Florida 69
- February 10, 2018 – Florida 65 vs. South Carolina 41
- January 24, 2018 – South Carolina 77 vs. Florida 72
- March 26, 2017 – South Carolina 77 vs. Florida 70
- February 21, 2017 – Florida 81 vs. South Carolina 66
- January 18, 2017 – South Carolina 57 vs. Florida 53
- February 20, 2016 – South Carolina 73 vs. Florida 69