San Francisco-based primary and emergency care provider Carbon Health has partnered with COVID test maker Detect to announce a new service that will allow people to self-test, consult a doctor online or over the phone who may have antiviral pills can prescribe and have the pills delivered — all without leaving home.
The service brings home the approach of the federal government’s statewide “Test to Treat” program — which allows people to visit state facilities to get tested and, if eligible, receive prescription antiviral pills on-site. It marks another evolution in COVID treatment as the virus continues on its way to becoming a more normal, “endemic” part of our lives.
- Covid-19: During the pandemic, a new billionaire was minted almost every day
- Few eligible families have applied for state aid to pay for COVID funerals
- Social cohesion as a key risk factor in early COVID infections
- N.Korea says no new fever deaths, COVID situation under control
- COVID cases rise in Riverbend
- Air pollution linked to more severe COVID-19: study
- Big Island mayor calls for ‘mindful masking’ as COVID-19 case count rises
- Plans to return to the Manhattan office face ongoing COVID and safety headwinds